Sunday, January 11, 2009

Peranakan Time

Had Peranakan Cuisine at East Coast Road.(Kim Choo's Kitchen). The place where Little Nyonya film some of its scenes. Heard this place is pretty famous for their Nyonya Chang. I was thrilled when i reach the place, simply love the old traditional look and the wooden stairway.

I didn't know of the names of the dishes that Candice ordered, but im very sure we had Achar and Ayam Pondeh Beluak(is dat hw u spelt it??)The food came pretty slow coz we came during the lunch hours, they even mix-up our reservation numbers, there were 15 of us, but they had prepared only tables for 8, haiz...in the end we had to wait, but also good lar i spend my time walking ard takin pics, immersing myself in the rich Peranakan Culture. As for the food, in my hunger i forgotten to take pics of the food. But they look pretty normal la, like Malay food lor.Taste good, dunno how to describe, u have to eat it urself to know.

The Place is opposite Katong Mall, price is pretty reasonable, like normal Zhi Char's price. I definately wun mind coming back here for another makan session. Friends, wink* wink*, come see ur roots.
















Oh and Ya dun get me started on how bloody disappointed i am after seeing the YueNiang & Chen Xi Reunited 3 mins stint. Wasted my 3 mins.Therefore im not gonna even dedicate a new entry for this. I was shopping and strolling around in ChinaTown, was intending to stop and enjoy the GeTai, but rush back to Bert's place just to watch that 3 mins stint. Stupid. Shouldn't have done that, i shld have stayed behind and listen to Bling Bling Gals strutting their stuff at the Getai. I could have help boost the economy more with my spending leh. CCB, make mi so pissed off for the rest of the night.

The 3 min stint was over before i even realised it. It was Meaningless, Pointless,shows nothing but repeated scenes and pure narrations. The narrator wasn't even Jeanette's Aw voice, talk abt sincerity. It did what i hate most. Make us look like an idiot. The narrations, my God, do Media Corp think us audience all Idiots, all reTards?

Taken from MediaCorpTv forum, credits to northerner
Yueniang: Since the airing of The Little Nyonya, it has been well received by the audience. The finale broke viewership records. The drama may have finished airing, but the debate continues.

Chen Xi: It was a pity that Yueniang and I were unable to be together in the end. However, I can understand her decision. In order not to affect my family and my career, as well as unable to come to terms with the suffering of Yuzhu, she made this painful decision. Instead, she turned her attention to bring up Yuzhu’s son and fulfilled the wish of my uncle Chen Sheng, which was to let the Peranakan culture shine on brightly from generation to generation. She lived a very meaningful life.

Yueniang: Chen Xi expanded his business overseas. When he became rich, he set up a charity and did many good deeds. Yueniang and Chen Xi both made their decisions and took up the responsibilities that came with it. They cared for their family, their spouses, their children and contributed to society in their own way. Of course, Chen Xi will always live on in Yueniang’s heart.

Chen Xi: Chen Xi also cannot possibly forget Yueniang.

Duo: Our heartfelt thanks to all of you for keeping the spirit of The Little Nyonya in your hearts forever!


Tell me, Just tell mi, the stuff mention above, wah lao even 10 year old kid know the above without even watching this 3 min stint.
I have read some forums that said that its actually Media Corp trying to place some effort in thanking audience for their support. But really la, they shld have just 'seng ki lai'

No comments: