Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Pill

I am on the PILL!

Hee so exciting. In preparation for my Batam spa trip, i can't let the red alert ruin this wonderful day. So i went to this weird male doctor at Raffles Medical on Tuesday to request for this miracle pill. Why say he is weird, becoz he is very fair, and very skinny, and he speaks with this irritating thick British accent. And he even gives me a somewhat disgusted look when i purposely reply him with broken English.

My brief conversation
Me: Doctor, do i have sore throat?
Doc:(in his thick accent): Well~ it tis v-ary v-~ary mao~ded.
Me: So is got lar
Doc:(face turn irritated) Well~i can prescribe some medicine for this.
Me: Ok lor

I think he can't wait to get me out of his clinic.
Anyway. Heard from my colleagues that this pill is actually a form of contraceptives. (GoSh...does this means i won't get pregnant!!) Oh my...its a miracle.....i think i can see R's sparkle from a mile away. Hah!

The doctor told me the pill actually affects the hormonal level, and is used by others to regulate our flow. Our regular flow should either resume the very next day once you stop the medication, or it will start the next month. The doctor must have felt very very irritated at me man, he ask me when is my next period, i replied him i dunno, i dun keep track. Than the smart alec actually tried his luck again by asking me, when was my last period.

I stare at him dumbly and replied him "i dunno"

He gave an irritated look again and answered me that if i think that my period is coming on the 25th, i should start taking the pill 3 days before. And he further explained in a draggy thick accent monotone voice, that if not the medicine in my body will not be strong enough.

The pill is in the form of a very tiny white tablet, looks like those medicine for common flu.
Has a very chim name-Norethisterone , i pronounce it as no-rat-is-the-one.

No comments: