Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My Faith in You

Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


I felt very touched listening to their story. I dun remember word for word what they have said, but in summary, they have a young son and due to business failure they were millions in debt and they had to declare bankrupt. But regardless of how hard the situation is, they have never blame God , they do not turn negative, they never give up, and never turn bitter, instead they turn to God and continue praising him, their faith never fails, in fact in these difficult times it grew stronger. Though there is so little to survive by, they continue to tithe 10% of whatever little they have to God, they pressed on and prayed for a breakthrough. God has not fail them, 6 years later now they have been discharged from bankruptcy, earn a five figure salary and blessings has continued to pour in along the way.

It touched me deeply when they talk about how there were days they have not a single cent in their pocket and they were unable to travel to work as they have no money to top up their ez-link card. The days when they were unable to give pocket money to their beloved son for recess, the young son would go without breakfast and lunch, waiting just for the dinner. I believe there is even more stories but

What inspires me, is not their story, yes I agree it is too common a story, it is something that is probably happening in every city around the world. What inspires me is their spirit, their courage to walk through all this, together, as a family and most importantly their faith in God.

Looking at them from afar, I feel proud of them, I can practically see God smiling at them from heaven, looking very pleased with them.

It makes me reflect on myself, on how is my own prayer life, on what have I done for God. I do not feel lowly of myself nor do I feel ashamed, I just feel that I seem to contradict myself all the time. I hope for many things, but I do not take action. And this can gradually be seen in my everyday life.

I have once again signed up for bible study classes (im so blessed, R is willing to go too), it is nothing compared to all the good works done by other fellow Christians but to me, it’s a brand new start once again. I look forward to the day where I will participate in mission trips, join a ministry, or even enroll in school of theology.

I do not posses great wealth nor do I have a fantastic career, but after listening to the testimonial, after watching the TV show on channel 8 (hosted by Quan YiFeng and Christopher Lee every Mon), after reading devastatingly news everyday, I know one thing ,

我是幸福的。

I have friends, not so bad career, great supportive family, handsome boyfriend and a comfortable roof over my head and of course I belong to one of the greatest church around. I love myself. Muack.




No comments: