Friday, August 08, 2008

Journey to the Center of Singapore

Woke up in the morning with aching calf muscles and um....slightly swollen calfs(im nt exaggerating)haiz...i jus knew it, after all the walking yesterday my poor legs are protesting. I bought my company's Ebene knee guard as soon as i reach my office, well it relly does help relieve the ache after just one hour! Just love it, i have already recommend this to my dad and my bf and no complaints heard. And the thing abt guys is that, no news is good news :)

This week cell group was change to a dinner outing, another one of those encourage fellowship n bonding thingy. Went to meet up with them at Robertson quay sketches restaurant last night. I walk all the way from city hall down to clarke quay and up to Novotel Hotel and over to Robertson Quay, the whole journey took mi about 45mins, my legs are like ready to collapse when i reach the rstnt. But the irony thing was that not a drop of sweat was dropped from all that walking, i guess my body was already severly dehydrated dats y no sweat to come out already (haha nonsense gal)

being late (i reach at 10pm) i was 'kindly' given the seat at the end of a long table. And as the group talk happily abt their adult camp trip, myself along with jeff n chanlee remain hapily forgotten n deserted by the whole cell group at the end of the table. Well dats fine actually coz jeff n chanlee is actually one of the ones whom i find non-fake. Though there are 13 people present at the table, the coldness i felt feels like there is only 3. Ate plain penne tomato sauce pasta($20!!!) as i forgotten to tick on that small teeny box that stated what toppings i wanted, haiz...i was already almost to the point of starvation so plain pasta is better than nothin.

Went with them to a chocolate cafe which is nearby rite after dinner, its a pretty decent cafe that is suppose to be some kind of a chocolate specialty cafe but the menu kinds of disappoints me as there aren't much choices. The group was like split into two like it always do, with the talkative ones chattin away excitedly abt God knows what, while the other group remain contended with the cliche topic of How are you? How's ur work?) Me, i preferred to remain a low profile, opening my unmascared eyes widely n smiling nicely to all who ask me the same qns. (Common qns: Where's robert? or How's everything). I glued my eyes to my phone the whole time, smsin my robert, as i find that far more entertainin than tryin to pretend to be interested in whatever mingming is talkin abt. I wun bother talkin, as whatever i(or anyone)speaks abt anythin she definately intercept. Little Miss Know it All.

Didn't managed to actually drink my $10 hot chocolate, i barely tasted it and the whole group decided to head home as its late.So nice of Victor to actually ask me if im gonna continue drinking while EVERYONE(includin himself)is already walkin away.As if my reply of 'yes im still drinki' is enough to make the whole group stop n wait.
Dun see how diff it is between goin to cell group and going for a cell group outing, i already had enough of tryin to blend in and trying to be friendly,

Overall rating of the outing: -*

*=wun bother going, -*=kinda regret going

No comments: