Saturday, March 14, 2009

Communication

Meet up with my cousin Serena, my sister and my brother-in-law at Suntec a few days back. Had a nice casual chat with all of them over dinner. Sometimes, i just can't stop pondering, y can't my sister & I have the habit of meeting up for a casual chat and a good meal together?

From my sis eyes, i thought i saw this tinge of regret and surprise in her eyes when i was sharing my route to Christianity with my cousin. Regret becoz she and my brother were the very ones that chided & stopped me from attending church services during schooling days with friends. Surprise becoz she sees another side of me, and how much impact she has been in my life.

Surprisingly, this meet-up also lets me see the side of my cousin that i have over-look all these years. When we place aside our inner fight for being the best-dress and best groom during CNY visitation, i realise we share similar characteristics in terms of communication, its easy for us to find a similar topic to chat on. Overall, i really enjoyed talking to her, coz she is so enthu when she starts talking about whatever. Just Like me. :)

Its amazing how one's life would actually have different ending should this and that has or had not happen at a certain time & at a certain place at a certain point of time. And the only person that is giggling up there, looking at us screw up, is God.

OK lets start, without my sis, I guess i would never have been a Christian. She is the one that spurs my interest in this relationship with God. Not my pastor, not my brother, not my friends. I look up to her since young, she is the brainy one in the family. And when she starts sharing stories of Holocast, and of the End Times,and many others, i was drawn to her words like a kid listening to the happily ever after story of Cinderalla.

But interestingly, after i accepted Christ, the stories ceased, nor do i hear any of them from my fellow church mates. And the saddest thing of all is actually me not being able to hear any more stories from my sister.

I have once requested for personal Bible Study sessions from her, we had it a few times but due to her busy schedule, i was directed to my cell leader, whom gave me bible study class once and than the sessions were postpone to indefinate dates. From than, i was no longer exposed to beautiful stories of God.

But thank God im been lead into one of the best church in the world. Our Pastor's preaching gave wonderful insights to the word of God, the past weeks were about building good marriage and relationship with ur partner, indirectly discouraging Divorce. Now how many church are willing to do that, to talk about the importance of sex in a marriage, just this alone is enough to close the doors of many Tradition church-goers. Another important of course would be, the Power of Communication. Somethin that i have always love and desire for.

My mum stopped cooking since i enter secondary school, missed her cooking but it also means i start eating takeways since than. Though my siblings and I had to settle on takeaway for our daily meals, we rarely had meals together.

There was a couple of times, my sis and I went downstairs for our lunch together at the coffeeshop, but during these occasions, i realised that not only do we not have common topics but we obviously do not understand each other that much either. Our understandings of each other stop at the primary sch days memories. And that seems sad.

People change. Though we may not necessarily go through drastic change, but people still change. Sometimes, im really eager to know what goes on in her mind, she is the only question mark in the household. Didn't God remind her that Communication is not only the door to successful marriage but it also leads to strong family bonds.

P.S. My sister & I had not gone though any arguements or quarrels right now, its just me being emo all of a sudden. Think its due to the boring, slow Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can ask me for bible study if you really want to. Of course I will not say no.