Friday, December 19, 2008

Genetic Deformity

I am ill. I probably have a genetic illness.

Boo-Hoo~~~

I should have discovered it long ago….

BUNION TOES




Pics with credit to Wikipedia


Many gals actually have it without realizing it, looking at the pics, its damn scary, if my toes become deformed until like the worse stage I will die~~

According to Wikipedia, it’s a structural deformity of the bones and the joint between the foot and the big toe. May be painful for some. Enlargement of bone or tissue around the joint at the base of the big toe results in the big toe turning in towards the second toe (angulations) and the tissues surrounding the joint maybe swollen or tender.

Once a bunion has formed, the mechanics of the feet and toes are altered. Tendons begin to pull the toes into an abnormal position, and the problems tend to progress over time. As the inflammation of the joints worsens, walking would be affected.

Bunions are likely caused by flat feet, abnormal bone structure, excessive ligament flexibility (dunno wat tis means) and certain neurological conditions. And all these are often GENETIC!! Poor fitting footwear exacerbates the problem caused by the original genetic deformity. I think mine is genetic…..sobzz….i remember my sister feet also look deform deform one….

I think those 三寸金莲China women in the olden times most likely suffer the most severe bunion.

I vaguely remember that my own toe doesn’t turn in when I was young, but now they have an obvious slight angulation. (Gulp!)

我是怪胎. (Gulp!)

[P.S. the pics posted above are NOT mine, they are taken from Wikipedia oh & in case my sis or bro read this, no no i am not blaming anyone over here, i still love my mommy and daddy for the sexy feet and ugly calf]

No comments: