Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Invisalign.Invisble kindness

Day 2 of having separators.

I can feel the tension inside, the feeling of food stuck in between your teeth and you can take it out. I don’t know if this feeling will ever go away. This separator is gonna be in there for a week. After which more things are gonna be in there I guess.

My colleagues recommended me Invisalign, which is a clear aligner that is removable at any point of time. It is a small clear film that wraps up your teeth and works like braces and straighten teeth in just 1 year! So I can simply remove it and go take my wedding photos, take finish already than just pop it back into my mouth.  It’s applicable only for those whom has small to moderate crowding (that’s me!).

But alas, the price and availability is a major major boo boo.

A check on the net shows that it cost approx 10K, and is available at selected dental clinic whom has certied and trained orthodontist in Invisalign to do it for you. Dr Lee’s name is not in the list and to spent 10K on my moderate teeth is simply suicide to my pockets.

Its getting harder to give people big smiles right now with the blue separators in me, oh gosh, what’s a friendly gal like me gotta do, now that I’m slowly being deprived of my means to smile. Heh~~




With all the stories that I’ve heard about Ugly Singaporeans, I think it’s time I share my two cents about this. But I shall call it the Ugly Human Behaviour. Because since I didn’t get to see the pink I/C of the inconsiderate people I’ve met, it’s totally unfair to simply mark them as Ugly Singaporeans just because they look like Singaporean.

UGLY HUMAN BEHAVIOUR

A simple kindness act like pressing the lift door open for people, pushing out glass doors bigger to allow people walking close behind me to enter, standing on the left hand side while taking the escalators, giving up seats to old folks and pregnant ladies but overtime, these are small acts that I’ve no qualms in doing.

But on many occasions, I’ve seen that such small kindness extended to people is not being appreciated. How many of us have come across the following scenarios;

1) Press Lift door open for other people. RESULT: People just stroll in slowly, with no words of thanks. Some even gave you a hard stare that tells u ‘You Are Lucky You Do Not DARE to Close the door on Me.” Of course, there are the minority that gave u truly appreciative smile and perhaps shy thanks. BUT as I said, those are the minority.

2) Pushing out glass door bigger to allow people walking close behind to enter. RESULT: These rudees simply do not slow down in their pace and end up knocking into your back and giving you a loud ‘tsk’ as if its your fault for taking that 0.1 second more to push that door bigger.

3) Stand on left hand side of escalators. So far no problem. THANK GOD.

4) Giving up seats to old folks and pregnant ladies. RESULT: I’ve so far been rejected by old folks more than 4 times for giving up seats to them. Some were nice and signal to me there are alighting soon but most just wave me away and stare blankly in front of them. As for pregnant ladies, they took your offered seat without a word of thanks and not even a look in your eye. But thank God, these are the minority. Majority of them still gave thanks.

5) Even the dethrone queen Ris Low feels that credit card fraud is no biggie. I have no comments on her spoken lanuguage coz i think that is no biggie compare to her lack of remorse over the crime she committed. We read in news about how people commented that she needs to be forgiven, humans do err. But hey, an error is an error, if someone that commits a crime and still happily go join Miss Singapore World, than i can also go Ang Mo Kio rob 20 old man lor. If i no get caught, heng lar, if get caught than i will say im really really depressed, humans do err.....
For a person that shows a clear lack of remorse, they shouldn't be let off that easily.

Im sure many others has their share of facing Ugly Human Behaviour but still these are the people that makes our good behaviour stand out. Haha, sometimes i think my blog is really boring, but hey it makes other people's blog stands out isn't it. Haha.

UGLY PEOPLE MAKES ME LOOK PRETTY. Though i may look uglier with braces in the new future, but removing it after 2 yrs will definately makes my original plain look seem prettier in comparison.

YEAH~~

No comments: