Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year

Every year seems the same but this year Lunar New year i feel that everythin kinds of start changin already. This is the first time i had a new year without the full strength of my family. With my brother being married and having moved out of the house, i feel sad sometimes, the house seems a bit quiet this year. The morning of Chu Yi is not much the same any more, no one fightin to use the toilet, and no one initiatin to wish our parents new year greetins in exchange for that fat angpow. I feel sad for my parents sometimes, coz i knew that in the next 5-10 years this house will become more n more empty. Once all of us has gotten married, they would be by themselves on every eve of chinese new year, though we may be back for that reunion dinner but whats forever lost is the lively spirits of each of us bouncing around the house, my brother always hoggin the mirror to gel his hair up, me and my sis fightin with him for the mirror space as we apply our make up, my mother will usually intervene at this point for a generous space so that she can apply her blood red lipstick.

Though one looks foward to growing up, to get married and start a family of his own but i knew that the memories of my family will always be in my heart.

No comments: